Courses Offered in Spanish
IMPORTANT: This course meets the criteria of two year update and renewal of Limited Mental Health Licensure.
While everyone deals with some sort of stress periodically, if that stress becomes toxic, or traumatic, it can result in profound consequences including physical health problems, substance abuse and mental illness. Trauma Informed Care (TIC) is an evidence-based intervention for working with individuals affected by such toxic stress resulting from physically or emotionally harmful events.
This course covers all aspects of TIC from the perspective of client/resident behaviors and needs to caregiver, case manager, counselor, staff member and guardian techniques and selfcare. Administrators of ALFs, AFCHs and service facilities will also benefit from the assessments and program management sections.
Upon enrollment, the course will be available 24/7 for a total of 21 days. A printable "Certificate of Completion" is issued immediately after satisfactorily completing the course material.
This course is approved for Clinical Social Workers, Marriage and Family therapists, and Mental Health Counselors. It is also approved for Guardians and Committee Members for CE Broker credit.
There are two options for earning your Certificate of Completion:
- Standard Certificate:
- The course may be taken for 4 continuing education credit hours.
- DOEA accepts this training for ALF staff and administrator continuing education credits.
- AHCA requires a copy of the 'Certificate of (Course) Completion' in staff records for licensed ALFs and AFCHs.
- A certificate is automatically issued at the end of the course.
- CE Broker Approved Certificate:
- 4 CEs will be earned.
- An additional fee of $17.00 (seventeen dollars) will be charged for processing through a partnership with Suwannee River Area for Health Education Center, Inc.
- This certificate will include the CE Broker provider number and other required information.
This course meets criteria for ALF, Adult Family Care Homes (AFCH), LMH, ECC, and ADRD administrators and staff continuing education requirements. It also meets the requirements for Guardians continuing education.